Category: Photography, Milwaukee
About the Collection To commemorate UWM's 50th anniversary, the UWM Libraries prepared a digital collection of photographs documenting the history of UWM and its predecessor institutions, the Wisconsin State College, Milwaukee (formerly the Milwaukee State Teachers College) and the University of Wisconsin Extension Center at Milwaukee. The digital collection assembles images physically located in three separate collections: the George M. Richard photographs of UWM collection (UWM Manuscript Collection 167); the UW-Milwaukee Photographs Collection (UWM Archival Collection 6); and the UWM Dept. of Theatre and Dance records (UWM Archival Collection 85). George M.
Scope and Content The digital collection includes 1,800 images documenting 195 performances. The images were selected from the Mark Avery Collection housed at the Archives at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries (UWM Libraries). The finding aid for the archival collection can be found at: http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/wiarchives.uw-mil-uwmmss0155 . Mark Avery worked as the staff photographer for the Milwaukee Repertory Theater Company from 1976 to 1994.
About the Collection Milwaukee and Art Work of Milwaukee Milwaukee Neighborhoods: Photos and Maps 1885 - 1992 presents images of Milwaukee neighborhoods from the Far Northwest Side to the Far South Side. The selection of images is limited by the current boundaries of the city of Milwaukee. The digital collection provides a visual documentation of the development of the city of Milwaukee from the mid-1880s to the early 1990s. It includes images of residential and industrial facilities, local businesses, historic buildings, churches, and numerous Milwaukee parks.